These discussions are moderated by the authors.
The discussions on this forum are strictly moderated by the authors. All moderation by the authors is final, and takes place at the exclusive discretion of the authors. If you believe you have been unfairly moderated, you may appeal to randolfe by using the email link on the main page.
The purpose of this forum is to encourage free exchange of ideas, criticism of those ideas, and debate. Doing the following may result in your comment being immediately deleted:
- SPAM. This blog does not allow unsolicited advertisements of any type. Please use discretion when self-promoting so that it is not categorized as spam.
- Trolling. Trolling is the act of inserting inflammatory comments for the sole purpose of encouraging negative responses. It is not tolerated here in any form.
- Personal Attacks. Criticism here is expected and encouraged. It need not be "constructive", however, clear personal attacks will not be tolerated. Issues and individuals are to be evaluated on their merits, not on unrelated factors about the authors or commentators.
- Intolerant Speech. The readers of this site represent diverse backgrounds and beliefs. Specific attacks or insults involving, but not limited to, religion (or lack thereof), race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, heritage, or speech accent will not be tolerated. Examples of comments that will be deleted include "liberals are communists", "christians are ignorant", and "muslims are terrorists".
You may find that your comment has been modified, with offending content removed, if you do the following:
- Purposefully misquote or misrepresent another author or commentator.
- Reproduce copyrighted material without consent of the author.
- Refer to a site which the authors find grossly offensive. Specifically, linking to sites which violate the above group of offenses will result in that link being deleted from your comment.
You may find yourself banned from this site if you:
- Repeatedly violate any of these rules.
- Are found to be purposefully misrepresenting yourself for any purpose. Note that anonymous and semi-anonymous comments are allowed, so there is no need to lie about who you are; simply post anonymously.
- Cyber-stalk for any reason. If you are found to be stalking an author or commentator, you will be immediately banned. This includes both web-only stalking, as well as attempts to discover private facts about any author or commentator which they have not chosen to freely share.